Broome Volunteer Resource Service
The Broome Volunteer Resource Service (BVRS) provides a volunteer referral service for not-for-profit organisations within the Broome community. We link potential volunteers with agencies whose services and programs fall within the interest area of the volunteer.
There are many types of volunteering positions available to meet your needs, skills and availability!
Internal Broome Circle volunteer positions
- Art Stars
- Cooking Stars
- Community Verge Gardens
- Agunya Ltd
- Aurous Ltd
- Broome Community Resource Centre
- Broome Historical Society
- Broome Lotteries House
- Broome PCYC
- Broome State Emergency Service
- Broome Uniting Church Op Shop
- Broome Visitors Centre
- Burrguk Aboriginal Corporation
- Centacare Homeless Kitchen
- Environs Kimberley
- Feed the Little Children
- Incredible Edible Broome
- Kullarri Regional Indigenous Communities Inc.
- Red Cross Op Shop
- SAFE Broome
- Saltwater Country Inc.
- SSJG Heritage Centre
- St John Ambulance
Come in and have a BVRS staff member help find the best volunteering options for your enjoyment and experience.
A BVRS staff member can also help you with obtaining a Police Clearance and a Working with Children check at no expense when attached to a Volunteer Application.
Step Into Volunteering information Workshops
The Step into Volunteering information sessions are free informal workshops that highlight volunteering to help you find the right opportunity to suit you.
The workshop will give you information on;
- The benefits of volunteering
- The volunteering opportunities available
- Identifying the skills that you have to contribute to volunteering
- Rights and responsibilities of volunteers
- How to find the right volunteering position
Attending our step sessions will give you the confidence and knowledge and what will work best for you as a volunteer!