Broome CIRCLE was formed in 1982 by a group of women in response to the isolation they experienced living away from extended families. They created Broome CIRCLE to connect with and support one another. Incorporated in 1988, Broome CIRCLE began by extending programming to families, providing key community services and social support across the Shire. In the late 1990s, Broome CIRCLE won a tender to provide financial management and financial capability services to people in financial crisis in the area. More recently, Broome CIRCLE has been funded to coordinate the Broome Volunteer Resource Service.
Vision and Values
Our vision is to see Broome CIRCLE in the forefront of developing a vibrant, cohesive, happy, thriving, welcoming community.
Our purpose is to build a stronger and more inclusive community through connecting people, encouraging collaboration, supporting initiatives and exchanging skills.
We aim to build an inclusive community which fosters
Belonging and Participation
the whole community has an equal opportunity to be involved
different views, backgrounds and ideas are all worthy of respect
building the capacity of vulnerable groups to participate and contribute in decision making
doing things together that make a difference
open and honest dialogue; acknowledging different needs and building trust
looking to our future and acknowledging that we are caretakers of our community for coming generations
Money Support Hub Team (MSH)
MSH & Admin
Case Worker (MSH)
Community Development Team
Artist & Studio
Broome CIRCLE’s community program initiatives have been recently recognised:
- Highly Commended BCCI Broome Business Excellence Award 2021
- 2021 Finalist in the WACOSS Community Services Excellence Awards, Regional Category (CSEA)
- Our Money Support Hub team has been the winner of the Financial Counselling Association of WA Awards for excellence in delivery of Outback Services for three consecutive years – 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Our Financial Counsellor, Veronica Johnson, was the winner of the FCA WA Developing Practice Award
- Our Financial Capability Worker, Tania McKenzie, was the winner of the FCA WA Not Just Capable Outstanding Award